[GLLUG] Dynamic Range Modifier

Chick Tower c.e.tower at gmail.com
Sun Jul 25 00:23:39 EDT 2010

Do any of you know of a utility to reduce the dynamic range of MP3
files?  I like to download and listen to podcasts of NPR's Science
Friday on long drives, but the dynamic range is great enough that I have
to fiddle with the volume.  What would be ideal is some simple
command-line utility that I could pass a list of MP3 files to that would
spit out modified versions of those files with a more-constant volume.
If you have any suggestions, I would appreciate hearing them.  Thanks.
--

                                Chick