[GLLUG] Ubuntu 32 or 64?

STeve Andre' andres at msu.edu
Wed Jun 2 23:41:01 EDT 2010

On Wednesday 02 June 2010 23:29:25 Eduardo Cesconetto wrote:
> Just got some cheap hardware(i5 MSI laptop) and getting ready to
> remove Window$, should I go for 32 or 64 bit ubuntu?
>
> Eduardo Cesconetto

Judging by the problems a lot of software has running on a sparc 64
instead of i386, I would stick with 32 bit stuff for now.  Unless you
need (and have more than 3G) more, 64 bits doesn't buy you much.
All too often people write software with the "All the world's a 386"
mentality, creating problems on big-endian and 64 bit arches.

If somone can come up with reasons to go 64 bit I'm all ears.

--STeve Andre'