[GLLUG] Accessing Data on an IOMega HDD040 desktop HD

bfdamkoehler bfdamkoehler at sbcglobal.net
Sun Jun 13 19:27:17 EDT 2010

Does anything show up in /var/log/messages when you plug in the USB
cable? When you unplug it?

The fact that the blue light lights up seems to indicate that at least
part of the USB is working (newer USB drives don't tend to power up
unless a USB cable is plugged in). Have you tried a different USB cable?