[GLLUG] Website Calendar

Clay Dowling clay at lazarusid.com
Tue May 4 10:52:51 EDT 2010

I have switched the website calendar to use Drupal's calendar and event
modules.  Now if you have permissions to create any content on the GLLUG
website, you have permission to create an event which will show up on
the calendar.  If this event is something besides a regular meeting, you
are strongly encouraged to enable signups for the event (it's a little
blue link below the body of the event).  Signups for events make it
easier to plan logistics.

You can also link the GLLUG event calendar to your calendar programs by
copying the link location associated with the little calendar icon at
the bottom of the calendar, and pasting that into the appropriate field
of your scheduling software.  I've added it to my iCal at work, for
instance.

There will probably be plenty of questions about how this should work at
Thursday's meeting.  Compile them and I'll try to answer everything then.

Clay