[GLLUG] Cool Linux Games for Cheap

Clay Dowling clay at lazarusid.com
Tue May 11 18:15:47 EDT 2010

On 5/11/10 5:58 PM, Stanley C. Mortel wrote:
> Yes, there is some admin. work required to keep links live and all
> that, but I'd be willing to step up to the plate and take care of
> that.  At least for awhile.  So, first off, does anyone think this is
> a really bad idea for our website, such that we should NOT do it?
> Second, if anyone knows of sites that fall into the (vague) category I
> have in mind, please forward them to me.  Thanks.
I think that having a page of links is a Really Bad Idea (tm).  They go
stale quickly, and they are a pain to keep up.  I can, however, check to
see if there are any Drupal tools which can automate that process.  If
we could find a way to automate it, I think this kind of resource would
be very good.

Second, putting this link up is a terrible idea, because the offer
expires in the not too distant future.  So this link really will go stale.

The right solution for something like this is a blog dedicated to Linux
gaming.  They probably exist already, and we just need to take advantage
of them.  Linux is actually getting a lot of traction in the indie game
market, and a number of developers are writing cross-platform games.  In
fact, it might not be a bad topic for a presentation.  I'll see how my
experiment with these games goes and come up with a proposal after that.

Clay