[GLLUG] Linux Accelerated Graphics

Chick Tower c.e.tower at gmail.com
Sat Oct 16 23:33:15 EDT 2010

I'm getting ready to put together a new PC.  I'm not looking to make a
gaming machine, but I would like to be able to play Quake 3 Team Arena
and Unreal Tournament.  I'll almost certainly get a motherboard with the
graphics hardware included on it.

If I recall correctly, it used to be that nVidia graphic cards worked
better than ATI cards when running Linux.  Is that still the case, or
are they pretty much the same now?  I know it used to be easy to install
the nVidia drivers; are ATI's as easy to install?  Thanks for any
information you can give me.
--

                                Chick