[GLLUG] WinXP Question (redux)

Karl Schuttler karl.schuttler at gmail.com
Wed Sep 1 21:34:42 EDT 2010

More verbose instruction on what he's saying are to:

go into Control Panel>System>Device Manager
Expand Network Adapters by clicking the [+]
Find your LAN adapter there. You can figure out what the name of it is by
cross referencing it's name with the properties dialog under control panel.

To cross reference:
Control Panel>Network connections>Right click LAN
adapter>properties>whatever is in the "Connect using" box.

Then right click the device in the device manager, and press delete on your
keyboard.

Reboot.

I can't vouch for this method, as I've never done it myself, but Steve is a
self proclaimed windows guru.