[GLLUG] Sound Problems

Benjamin Chavez ebcha1974 at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 14 23:29:36 EDT 2010

Hi, I am having problems with the sound on my laptop.

I have ubuntu 10.04 in a IBM Thinkpad T41. I had sound before but for

some reason stop working. I started a live session to make sure my sound

car was still working and it worked fine. So I booted it again normal

and type "alsamixer" on a terminal and it showed all the devices where

turned off.

I turned them all back on and I got sound again. But when I reboot I

have to do the whole proccess  again. Is there a way I can have all the

sound devices turned ON by default.

I will appreciate some advices. Thank you.

Benjamin Chavez