[GLLUG] question/suggestion for adding a proxy/cache.

Peter Christenson pac1.mi at gmail.com
Sat Apr 9 18:31:21 EDT 2011

well yes I'm hopping to cut down on incoming bandwidth.  I've also read that
squid can sorta cache youtube and other video files. (kids keep watching the
same stupid videos)  although I haven't hit the bandwidth cap I see no
reason to clog the tubes more then needed, and this also leaves more room
for my netflix. :)

also my mother inlaw has found out the "joys" of wildblue and facebook. so
if I can reduce bandwidth on my network I would like to see what I can do
for her.

Peter