[GLLUG] Penguicon Presentation/Talk/Discussion Group

Clay Dowling clay at lazarusid.com
Mon Apr 11 23:04:35 EDT 2011

On 4/11/11 10:08 PM, Stanley C. Mortel wrote:
> As many of you know, Frank, Clay, Jeff and I were working on a
> presentation for OSS in the enterprise.  The focus was on the small
> businesses segment of the public.  My comment about a panel discussion
> was relative to that presentation.  Frank, Clay, and Jeff would need
> to express an interest in such an undertaking, then I could get on
> board.  The idea was to present what we were doing and solicit input
> on topics, issues, ideas, etc. that would make our project more
> successful.  I'm sure I speak for all four of us in extending an
> invitation to anyone else who would like to join in, either at
> Penguicon or in general.  Right now we are in a holding pattern, given
> that our last attempt did not exactly draw a huge crowd.
I'm of a mixed mind about this project.  I think Penguicon will provide
us with a receptive audience, but I think it might also be preaching to
the choir.  The upside is that it could get our name out to other people
that might better represent our target audience.

I have zero time for prep though.  I'm moving this Friday, and I have
some significant home improvement projects to attend to following that,
such as tiling a large kitchen, painting a house and building counters.
Although the counters will probably wait until after Penguicon.

Clay