[GLLUG] Sr. Network Administrator Position, East Lansing, Michigan

Catherine Villaire cvillaire at ajboggs.com
Mon Apr 18 10:33:51 EDT 2011

Hello GLLUG!

AJ Boggs & Company, an IT consulting firm located in East Lansing Michigan has an immediate opening for a Senior Network Administrator. Please see the job description below. If interested, please send your resume and cover letter to jobs at ajboggs.com<mailto:jobs at ajboggs.com> or cvillaire at ajboggs.com<mailto:cvillaire at ajboggs.com>.  We offer excellent benefits including: competitive salaries, on-call compensation, medical and dental insurance, retirement program, FSA, short and long term disability and much more. To see a complete list of our benefits and more about AJ Boggs, please visit our website at http://ajboggs.com.

If you have any questions regarding this position or our company, please let me know. Thank you for your time!

Catherine Villaire
IXN Manager
cvillaire at ajboggs.com
[cid:image001.jpg at 01CBFDB3.53737540]
4660 South Hagadorn Road
Suite 290
East Lansing, Michigan 48823
Facsimile: (888) 316-9633
http://www.ajboggs.com

This message (including any attachments) contains confidential information intended for a specific individual and purpose, and is
protected by law. If you are not the intended recipient, you should delete this message. Any disclosure, copying, or distribution of this

Senior Network Administrator (East Lansing, Michigan)

Develop and manage complex computer networking solutions. As a Senior Network Administrator, you will gather client requirements, develop plans and designs, lead teams, and manage network services for local and Internet-based systems.

Requires competence managing Linux and Windows servers, including experience with planning, needs analysis, security reviews, and the following protocols: FTP/SFTP, SSH, SNMP, SMTP/SMTPS, DHCP, PPTP, IPSec, and HTTP/HTTPS.

The ideal candidate will have demonstrated experience with the following technologies:

 *   DNS (Windows and BIND)
 *   VPNs
 *   IIS and advanced Apache
 *   MS Exchange administration and Sendmail configurations
 *   SQL Server and MySQL configuration, backup, and recovery data management
 *   Active Directory
 *   PowerShell and Unix shell scripting
 *   Cisco and UNIX based routers

Knowledge of Icinga, XenServer, SpamAssasin, OpenVPN, Rsync, implementing transparent bridging and/or NAT with IPFirewall, Squid, website and graphic design, SQL, HTML, CSS, .NET, PHP, Java or ITIL is a plus.

Job duties include:

 *   Provide exceptional customer service both to clients and internal staff
 *   Diagnose and maintain complex electronic messaging and IT networking systems with an understanding of the relationships and dependencies between various infrastructure improvements, such as server consolidation, telecommunication and security constraints, desktop standards, and messaging systems
 *   Effectively communicate technical problems, risks, and solutions
 *   Accurately estimate resource requirements
 *   Create effective procedures and improve processes by suggesting, testing, and monitoring process improvements
 *   Documentation of assignments, client requirements, technical information, and provide repors to management
 *   Excellent problem solving skills
 *   Shared 24-hour emergency call (onsite and remote)
 *   Periodic travel in the USA and Canada

jobs at propower.com<mailto:jobs at propower.com>