[GLLUG] Network setup

Richard Houser rick at divinesymphony.net
Sun Aug 7 23:43:41 EDT 2011

For SD video, 802.11g will work, but need 802.11n (get dipole 300mbps) for
HD.  A single quad phenom ii near 3.0ghz and an nvidea 210 (need vdpau) will
have plenty of horsepower to host everything you mentioned on linux and
still have spare cycles for running windows via kvm.  I recommend more than
one hard disk to distribute the i/o load.  Mythtv can handle all the
multimedia, too.  The rest is all standard stuff like smb, sshd, rsync, etc.