[GLLUG] uzbl

Clay Dowling clay at lazarusid.com
Tue Dec 13 14:29:05 EST 2011

On 12/13/11 2:25 PM, Chick Tower wrote:
> Has anyone tried the uzbl web browser?  (See http://www.uzbl.org/ for
> more info.)  If so, how well did you like it?  What problems, if any,
> did you find?  Thanks for any information.
>
> I'm on the hunt for a new, lightweight web browser.  My old stand-by,
> Midori, now bogs down on my old laptops.  I could add RAM, but I'm
> disinclined to add a component that costs more than the laptop itself
> would now.
Chick, I think some of the laptops you have are nearly old enough to get
a driver's license, and I swear I've seen one old enough to drink at the
room party.  Maybe a hardware update is in order?  I picked up a new
ASUS eee PC for $250.  It can do cool things like run modern web
browsers and office applications.  Not that I don't do my word
processing in vi myself, just sayin' that you're probably investing more
energy in keeping these dinosaurs running than a new smaller machine
would cost.

Clay