[GLLUG] uzbl

Karl Schuttler karl.schuttler at gmail.com
Tue Dec 13 16:39:55 EST 2011

I think you folks are being a little disrespectful of Chick's
thoughtfully poised question regarding efficient, trimmed-down
browsers. Suggesting that he should go out and spend 2980-5000 of his
hard-earned nickels on new hardware to solve a software issue is
ludicrous.

The fact of the matter is, and I think we can all agree, that Chick
isn't interested in the newfangled micro-tops and junkware being
floated on the eMarketPlace. He's tired of the hipsters and their
faceblags, the unnecessary bloated flash intros, and the whole concept
of "multimedia" in general. I mean, what does "multimedia" really
mean, anyways? It's obviously a conspiracy to hold our attention and
distract us so we don't try to access sources of real information,
print media.

I, for one, am with Chick on this matter, and am going to be the first
to post any useful discussion to this thread. I think the
aforementioned browser is far too bloaty to be used on something as
pure as vintage hardware. I recommend you install a copy of netcat,
directly connect to the websites you're interested in over port 80,
and do all your browser in good, old-fashioned, hand-input HTTP.