[GLLUG] New to FreeBSD

Ben Chavez ebcha1974 at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 19 20:44:45 EST 2011

I said 15GB slice but it is actually 14. I installed KDE, Firefox,
Thunderbird, w3m and VNC. I still need to find and download the codecs
for playing MP3s, DVDs, and online youtube videos. Currently I have no
sound on the laptop speakers.

I found out there is a wireless manager for FreeBSD called wpa_gui
*(pkg_add -r wpa_gui)* not as fancy as wicd or wireless manager but does
the job.
At the moment I have like 2GB free space in the slice for personal
files. If somebody have a spare IDE hard drive for laptop I can borrow
it will be very nice.

Thank you!