[GLLUG] GLLUG Ad, Take 2

Chick Tower c.e.tower at gmail.com
Fri Jul 22 23:07:36 EDT 2011

Here's my latest version.  I'm not entirely satisfied with the wording
of the last sentence in the first paragraph, so feel free to suggest
other ways of saying the same thing yet remaining truthful.  Thanks.
Linux, one version of which is called Ubuntu, is an alternative to
Windows and Mac OSX that can replace them on almost any computer that
still runs.  At this time there are no viruses, worms, or spyware known
to cause problems on Linux PCs, and it is free to use.

Do you want to find out more about Linux?  Have you thought about
installing Linux?  Are you ready to install Linux, but hesitate to take
the plunge?

If any of your answers are "Yes", then come take advantage of the free
help and advice available to you every week.  The Greater Lansing Linux
User Group (GLLUG) meets every Thursday at Gone Wired Cafe, which is
located in Lansing at 2021 East Michigan Avenue.  There are no dues; all
you have to pay is attention.  If you can't make the meetings, feel free
to join our mailing list and ask questions; you can find out how to join
the list at our website, www.gllug.org.

E-mail responses to this ad might be assumed to be spam and ignored.