[GLLUG] Slashdot -- Linux Support in Universities

Richard Houser rick at divinesymphony.net
Sun Jun 12 00:03:45 EDT 2011

I used to work at Kettering University.  We supported all the major OS, but
the Linux and BSD users take so much less time on average.  I would expect,
the smaller schools to have a higher ratio of Unix support people in the
server room, since MS doesn't make functional versions of some core
networking stuff like dns, that any public domain needs.  Besides, if there
are any programming classes, those would typically be on Unix too, let alone
any of the engineering type stuff (nix) or graphics arts (often mac).

-- sent from my phone

http://ask.slashdot.org/story/11/06/10/136234/Ask-Slashdot-Linux-Support-In-Universities