[GLLUG] Mesh Networks

Chick Tower c.e.tower at gmail.com
Fri Mar 18 22:35:34 EDT 2011

When Egypt was cut off from the internet, I remember reading that people
could set up mesh networks with their PCs and still communicate that
way.  However, I didn't see _how_ they would communicate.  Would they
use IM, IRC, e-mail, or what?  Does anyone know?

Would this be something we could try at a meeting, to set up our own
little mesh network and use it?  What would we need, other than our PCs,
wireless cards, and the standard software that comes in a Linux distro?
--

                                Chick