[GLLUG] Shirt idea

Stanley C. Mortel mortel at cyber-nos.com
Wed May 4 23:39:47 EDT 2011

Clay,

Love the ideas.  Perhaps it "should" say "I got my packets sniffed *at
the* Promiscuous NIC" instead of "by", since it is (meant to be) a Pub
name.  A certain pirate started going by "Nic" because of the many
queries about his name, and "Jack" was too much of a cliche.   In
retrospect, on the sign, I should have had it done as "NIC", but the
demo had the first and last letters capitalized, and that looked good.

We also talked about the phrase "My NIC is in promiscuous mode.  I'm
ready to sniff your packets" or "Would you like me to sniff your packets"

There are innumerable permutations on this.  The pirate picture on the
front and the above on the back, is one.  "I be sniffing your packets
now", is another.

I'm quite certain we could come up with the PERFECT apothegm after
sitting around sipping a fine rum for a spell.  (That be an informal
invitation.)

Stan