[GLLUG] need some advice

Chick Tower c.e.tower at gmail.com
Sat Nov 12 15:02:08 EST 2011

Ubuntu doesn't use RPM packages, so that (and any other Debian
derivative) won't help you out, Jeremy.  CentOS is a Red Hat clone, and
it's free, so that would work.  So would Mandriva, Mageia, and OpenSuSE,
and I believe PCLinuxOS is RPM-based, too.

As for instruction, you should be able to find tutorials on RPM in any
search engine.  Here's one for a start:

http://search.yippy.com/search?query=linux%20RPM%20tutorial

                                Chick