[GLLUG] Laptops?

Richard Houser rick at divinesymphony.net
Tue Nov 15 22:37:29 EST 2011

If you want good graphics performance, your best performance for the buck
is probably a used gaming or professional class laptop with a discrete
graphics.  I sold a 4 year old professional one for $300 (msi 1651) a
couple years back.  If you care about battery life, plan on getting a new
battery.  All things equal, you'll get a lot better screen for the same
price, although you won't have the choice of a higher end processor or
crazy amounts of ram.  Ram is dirt cheap right now though, and you can
usually upgrade that easy.