[GLLUG] Virtualization Questions

Charles Ulrich charles at bityard.net
Sun Oct 2 18:07:53 EDT 2011

KVM is a very solid technology these days. For someone just starting
to tinker around, another option is VirtualBox
(https://www.virtualbox.org/), which is very easy to install and use.
I don't believe it requires a CPU with the special virtualization
instructions, so you may be able to run it on whatever your latest
machine is. Memory is generally the most important requirement; you
need to make sure that you have enough physical RAM to handle your
host OS and guest OS at the same time or things will get very swappy
in a hurry.

Charles