[GLLUG] Reminder: Free / Cheap Hardware

Stanley C. Mortel mortel at cyber-nos.com
Thu Oct 6 12:47:56 EDT 2011

Just a reminder for everyone.  You are welcome to come by today between
4 and 6 pm  (earlier if you let me know you're coming) to pick up
various computer and phone hardware, books, and some software.  LOTS of
free stuff that I'd rather give to fellow members of GLLUG than to the
general public, but it is going on a free pile that will be advertised
on Craigslist tomorrow.

I am clearing out my house and having a yard sale.  I have quite a lot
of computer related things to get rid of.  The sale will start this
Friday, but I am offering to have a "pre-opening" event to GLLUG members
this Thursday before the meeting, and maybe after if anyone is
interested but couldn't get there earlier.  Lots of free stuff (more for
you all) and everything else priced to go...

A sample:

several Dell PowerEdge 400sc systems with 2.8 GHz CPU and 1 GB ECC RAM
Dell Dimension systems
An old Intergraph TD-310 dual Pentium Pro system with NT4
Apple IIc and Apple monitor
HP color inkjet printer
two portables (old but working with Puppy Linux on them)
A CD-ROM server box (external, SCSI II) with 14 NEC 8X SCSI drives in it
and two power supplies (plus cards and cables)
Various computer related books and magazines
some game software (Windows PC)
3-line business phones
lots of phone cords, etc.
CRT monitors
keyboards, mice, power cords, misc. cables
Printer switch box with cables
external modems
DSL modem
phone comswitch
lot of other stuff looking for a home.

Contact me off list for more info, especially if you don't know where I
live.

Stan