[GLLUG] FreeBSD has now removed almost all GNU/GPL'd code

Clay Dowling clay at lazarusid.com
Fri Sep 23 05:05:58 EDT 2011

On 09/23/2011 01:44 AM, Philip J. Robar wrote:
> So is Clang not ready or are these projects dependent on non-standard GNU/Linux’isms?
gcc has been the defacto default compiler for most computer platforms
for the last two decades. Everything is built around the assumptions of
that compiler.  The situation is becoming better, and I'm not sure what
packages are still outstanding.  I do know that as of three months ago,
100% error free building of some common graphical toolkits wasn't possible.

Clay