[GLLUG] This is what I want a Raspberry Pi for - my youngest kid is 11

Richard Houser rick at divinesymphony.net
Sat Apr 21 21:38:50 EDT 2012

Those old p4ish systems you are talking about would burn the yearly power
consumption of a pi in a week or so.  If you run that for a year, the Pi
ends up costing a small fraction as much and its silent.  That and the
possibility of battery power makes the Pi 'run circles' around such old
systems for a large portion of the target audience.