[GLLUG] For sale: 15" Dell Inspiron 1545

Charles Ulrich charles at bityard.net
Sun Apr 29 17:53:52 EDT 2012

Hi guys, another laptop for sale...

I'm selling a 15" Dell Inspiron laptop. Cosmetically, it's about
perfect. There are some barely-noticeable scratches and cracks on the
outside of the lid. The screen, keyboard, touchpad all look like
brand-new. Inspiron hinges are sometimes dodgy, but these ones have
held up great and don't make any noise. This was one of the machines
that Dell sold with Ubuntu on it, so all of the hardware is very well
supported by Linux. The battery is fairly new and runs the machine for
around 3 hours of moderate use. It has a built-in webcam, DVD
recorder, and SD card slot. Comes with Xubuntu 12.04 pre-installed,
although I'm sure it would run any modern OS just fine.

CPU: 64-bit Dual-Core T4200 @ 2.00GHz
Memory: 2GB
Display: 15" @ 1366x768
Audio: HDA-Intel
Webcam: 1.3 Megapixel built into display
Bluetooth: Yes
Ethernet: Marvell 88E8040
Wifi: Broadcom BCM4312
Hard drive: Toshiba MK1655GS SATA (160GB)
Optical drive: CD-RW, DVD+-RW
External ports:
  - 2x USB 2.0
  - VGA
  - Ethernet
  - Headphone/Mic
  - SD Card slot

Asking $215. The priceonomics page for this model is here:
http://priceonomics.com/computers/dell/inspiron-1545/, so you can see
that this is a pretty reasonable price. If you're interested, shoot me
an email. You can either come to my house to look at it or we can meet
up at a GLLUG meeting.

Thanks!
Charles