[GLLUG] Fwd: FreedomPop Contact Inquiry

Chick Tower c.e.tower at gmail.com
Mon Dec 17 22:04:29 EST 2012

I discovered FreedomPop in an article about another free service, if I
recall correctly, called Fonera.  (Or maybe vice-versa.)  Fonera
requires you to have a broadband connection already.  FreedomPop
provides a wireless broadband connection, so I wrote them asking if
their equipment works with free operating systems.  Here's the reply.

Note that their system is not available in the Lansing area; it looks
like it's only in Detroit and Grand Rapids for now, but they expect to
expand.  They provide at least 500MB/month for free, but they also have
service plans you pay for.  It seems to me that 10GB/month was only $3.99.
--
                                Chick