[GLLUG] Mounting All Partitions!

Charles Tower c.e.tower at gmail.com
Sun Feb 12 15:01:16 EST 2012

Well, I am back in St. Louis, so I verified that Bodhi Linux mounts
all partitions on the one hard disk I have in this PC.  Not only that,
but it mounts them at /media/<device name> (e.g., /media/sda8), even
though some of the partitions are in /etc/fstab and specify other
mount points and noauto.

I looked in the Bodhi forum last night and found someone else
complaining about this behavior, calling it a bug.  Most of the
responders thought it was proper behavior and couldn't understand why
the original poster thought it risky.  At least one of them had the
good grace to explain what caused the behavior and how to nullify it.
In /etc/rc.local is the line "automount".  You could comment that out
or remove the executable permissions from rc.local.
--
                    Chick