[GLLUG] Raspberry Pi has a competitor?

Charles Ulrich charles at bityard.net
Wed Jan 18 11:11:50 EST 2012

Looks interesting. I'm not sure what the point of the PCMCIA
form-factor is, though. Will it slot into another box that houses all
of the peripheral connectors? Then it's not really $15, is it?

Raspberri Pi is using every trick in the book to get their unit cost
down to $25, and they're a non-profit organization (so, presumably
with access to grants and subsidies) thus I'm curious how they intend
to hit $15 for a much more powerful board.

One advantage that RaspPi has is that they will be shipping their end
product in a few weeks.

Charles