[GLLUG] Raspberry Pi

Charles Ulrich charles at bityard.net
Fri Jul 6 13:49:40 EDT 2012

I've had it for a couple weeks now. The main things I like about it
are:

- Small
- Ridiculously cheap
- Low power usage (I measure around 2W at idle, internets say it maxes
out at around 3.5W.)
- Many ways to communicate with it (Ethernet, USB, GPIO, TTL serial)

So far all I've really done is mild tinkering. It does come with a
pretty complete set of developer tools and you can apt-get whatever else
you need. Bearing in mind the low price, overall performance is only
so-so and the limited memory means it could never be a usable desktop
system. (For me, anyway.)

Charles