[GLLUG] Help converting from 32 bit to 64 bit OpenSUSE

Chick Tower c.e.tower at gmail.com
Fri Jun 1 14:04:11 EDT 2012

It sounds like your best bet would be to install the 64-bit version of
OpenSUSE alongside your original installation, Dan, so that what you
have now wouldn't be affected.  You would need to have additional,
unused space on your hard drive(s), and it would be helpful if your home
directory were on a separate partition from the rest of OpenSUSE.

Are you available this weekend to install the new OS?  If nobody else
volunteers, I can come help you with it, although I have no experience
with OpenSUSE.  (I have installed several other distros, and FreeBSD.)
If you don't have the 64-bit version available, you should download it
during the meantime.  If you don't have a broadband connection, say so,
and Ben Chavez may have the DVD for it that he might let us borrow.

                                Chick