[GLLUG] [OT] Mesquite Wood

Chick Tower c.e.tower at gmail.com
Sat Jun 16 22:53:50 EDT 2012

I have some mesquite branches that were cut by my sister and her husband
about twenty years ago in Texas.  I've had them all that time and
haven't used them, so if anyone wants some of the wood, let me know and
I'll bring it back to Lansing with me.  I don't know if there are any
oils in the wood that give it it's distinctive flavor, or if they would
have evaporated after all this time, but it's yours to experiment with
if you like.  I know we're not supposed to be transporting wood in
Michigan, but I doubt the emerald ash borers ate mesquite in Texas
twenty years ago.
--

                                Chick