[GLLUG] Uh Oh. Help?

Richard Houser rick at divinesymphony.net
Fri Mar 2 01:59:23 EST 2012

J,

As long as the connection isn't established and the attempts aren't
enough to cause a DOS effect, you shouldn't be concerned.

Many home routers will just let you brute force password attempts
until you get it.  Those that implement meager IP-based blackout
periods are still vulnerable to anyone with access to many IPs.  I
recommend you keep the remote access disabled on the router unless you
can restrict the access using a strong key.  For example, I run
OpenWRT and just disable password logins to dropbear.