[GLLUG] Mobile Mouse

Marr wm33 at att.net
Sat Mar 24 14:33:18 EDT 2012

On Saturday 24 March 2012 13:20:40 Richard Houser wrote:
> Those inline ps2 to usb converters were usually
> hardware specific and definately nonstandard.

I was referring to the simple adapters, which basically just adapted a USB
mouse/trackball (i.e. the peripheral) to a PS/2 form-factor (PC end).  There
are no active electronics involved -- it's just a pin-swap.

I think you must be referring to those adapters that went the other way,
converting PS/2 peripherals (often dual-headed, for PS/2 mouse + PS/2
keyboard) into USB at the PC end. Those latter adapters have some sort of
electronics in the middle of the cable and were definitely more of a hit-or-
miss proposition.

Chick needs the former, not the latter.

Bill