[GLLUG] Sun Microsystems woes.

Taylor Burke taylor at zordio.com
Fri Mar 30 13:37:23 EDT 2012

Alright, so I've got an interesting issue. MSU Surplus had a Sun Ultra
20 for $15, an offer I couldn't easily pass up, considering another
computer is never a bad thing. It was listed as working, but when I
hauled it home, I ran into an issue. The LED on the motherboard keeps
displaying FF, video won't come up, and the fan whirrs, clicks, dies,
and repeats those three steps all while POSTing FF. I looked at the
Ultra 20 user guide and FFh is apparently a boot attempt, and
considering I don't know much about Sun, I'm not sure if I'm missing
something.

Thanks!
--
*Taylor Burke*