[GLLUG] This Internet provider pledges to put your privacy first. Always. | Privacy Inc. - CNET News

Chick Tower c.e.tower at gmail.com
Sun May 6 22:14:43 EDT 2012

The interviewer asked if everything is encrypted with a key only the
user has, won't the government tip him or her off when they ask for the
key.  Merrill said no, and gave an actual example.  An alleged Mafia don
was encrypting all his e-mail, and the government got permission to tap
his electronic communications, but the e-mail was encrypted.  So, while
the guy was away from home, they broke in and installed a key-logger on
his PC, and then used the password they retrieved to read all the e-mail
they had captured, gathering enough evidence to arrest the guy.

                                Chick