[GLLUG] Continuing Life for Old Tech

Charles Ulrich charles at bityard.net
Thu May 10 10:56:31 EDT 2012

I saw this article yesterday, but I'm not sure what to make of it. I
think what it boils down to is that third-party apps on the mobile
version of Windows 8 will be sandboxed, just like Apple has been doing
for years on the iPhone/iPod/iPad. Mozilla can't even release Firefox
on the iDevices because Apple forbids apps which compete with theirs.
(Although history has shown that they are curiously selective about
enforcing this.)

Charles