[GLLUG] KSpread :(

Chick Tower c.e.tower at gmail.com
Sun May 20 21:41:35 EDT 2012

I've used SuperCalc, Lotus 1-2-3, Excel, OpenOffice Calc, and Gnumeric,
and had no problem figuring them out.  Well, maybe the first spreadsheet
program I ever saw, SuperCalc, was a little tricky to figure out, but
only because it was my first.  I've even used a spreadsheet on the Atari
130XE, but I forget its name; maybe it was VisiCalc.  Every time I try
to use KSpread, though, it's a challenge just to figure out how to do
things.

KWord is little better.  The other day I wanted to save a document in
RTF format, so I could share it with my Windows-using relatives.  I had
only four choices, if I recall correctly, for file formats, all
OpenOffice.  It can read in tons of formats, but it doesn't want to save
to them.  I don't know what the KDE developers who work on the office
programs are smoking, but it's rotting their brains.  Either that, or
they were so screwed up to begin with that they couldn't figure out any
other office applications, so they created ones only they could understand.

Does anyone else like the KOffice applications?
--

                                Chick