[GLLUG] Laser printers, or buying your next enemy...

Don Bosman dbosman at msu.edu
Thu May 31 16:11:10 EDT 2012

In case you're not used to looking for HP drivers,
HP doesn't list a driver for that model, for Linux, in the usual
location. They send you to
http://h71028.www7.hp.com/enterprise/cache/587603-0-0-0-121.html?jumpid=go/linuxprinting

where you get forwarded to
http://hplipopensource.com/hplip-web/index.html

Where it says:
Chances are, your Linux system already has the HPLIP software installed.
That's because all major Linux distributions regularly pick up the HPLIP
software and include it with their distribution installation. However,
if it is not installed or you need to upgrade to a newer HPLIP version
to support your printer, you've come to the right place.

So you should find your new printer supported.
At least they highlight the links now. For a while they didn't.

Don Bosman