[GLLUG] software defined radio in Linux

Tom Schouten tom at zwizwa.be
Sun Nov 25 23:52:15 EST 2012

This sounded so cool I had to try it too.
I got a rtl2832u with a r820T tuner (24MHz - 1700MHz) for $10 on eBay.

I used GNU Radio's "gnuradio-companion", starting from instructions here:
http://slug.blog.aeminium.org/2012/04/21/rtlsdr/
The order of the 3 packages is not correct. Do them in this order:
gnuradio, gr-osmosdr, rtl-sdr

You'll need a bunch of dev packages.  This is what I had to install
extra on my debian system:
sudo apt-get install libboost-all-dev  libusb-1.0.0-dev cmake python-cheetah