[GLLUG] Additional Serial & Parallel Ports

Marr wm33 at att.net
Mon Oct 1 12:09:37 EDT 2012

On Monday 01 October 2012 10:13:57 Marr wrote:
> On Sunday 30 September 2012 23:18:31 Chick Tower wrote:
> > Does anyone know of a cheap, local source for these devices?
>
> No, unfortunately.

I lied. ;^)

I did a quick perusal of the JDR and Jameco websites. I haven't ordered from
either one in years, but back in the day, they always had a lot of useful
parts and PC stuff.

JDR came up with nothing, but Jameco has this, for $1.49, for the RS-232 port
part of your dilemma:

   http://www.jameco.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product_10001_10001_355688_-1

   PANEL BRACKET,CABLE ASSEMBLY,DB9 MALE TO 10-PIN HEADER

That's probably exactly what you'd want, but you should check the pinout on
the PDF datasheet against the pinout on your motherboard to be sure.

If Jameco has it, there are probably other vendors that have it too. NewEgg
has a couple, but they're outrageously priced ($8 and $13)!

HTH....

Regards,
Bill