[GLLUG] Additional Serial & Parallel Ports

Richard Houser rick at divinesymphony.net
Mon Oct 1 12:43:19 EDT 2012

Yes, I probably have a spare, too.  I've seen at least two common pinouts
around, so just need to know which to look for.

As for those usb adapters, nothing shy of $75 (targetted at embedded
developers) will be the typical rs-232, regardless of what it says.
Basically, they cheat on the voltages, so those devices don't work on lots
of stuff.  The chinese knock-offs often don't even go below 0v on the low.
Usually internal boards will be correct, and I've never seen a motherboard
on a pc do it wrong.