[GLLUG] IP Address Issue

Flaga, Michael Mike.Flaga at tnsi.com
Tue Oct 9 14:17:49 EDT 2012

Avoid ending in Zero. I have ran into many problems, with customers who attempt this.
Sometimes it works and sometimes it don't. It really depends on the equipment its os and its flavor, too many variables to guess. Just avoid it.
It was many years ago. I seem to recall it is legit to end in zero. But I have not had such problems about it, since we've avoid it.
I would (and we do) call up and get a different value, when assigned zero.

Michael P. Flaga, michael at flaga.net

Traditionally, the gateway is the lowest IP address (or sometimes the highest).  It would be very unlikely to be right in the middle of a range like that.  There are at least two different things wrong with your situation, either it's a /22 and the netmask + router are wrong, or it's a /24 and the whois + IP are wrong.  Either way, someone screwed up bad somewhere.