[GLLUG] Free Stuff

Peter Smith psmith.gllug at gmail.com
Mon Oct 22 16:28:27 EDT 2012

On Fri, Oct 19, 2012 at 1:16 AM, Richard Houser <rick at divinesymphony.net> wrote:
> I've been slowly cleaning out my computer closets, and I have a
> variety of stuff to give away to good homes.  Except as noted,
> everything should be in working order.

I always look at free stuff as a reason to get my butt in gear and do
something.... Let's see if there's any projects pending

> Toshiba Magnia SG20 Linux server:

Oooh, this looks shiny and the perfect thing to bring to Windsor to
set up to finally link the parent's house into my home network.
I wonder if I have a PATA 2 1/2" drive to use...hrm....

> Portable Systems:
> * Compaq iPAQ 3800 series PDA (3835 model?)

I could finally use that Click'n'Type keyboard from Targus! And
Handango still has apps, so I'm in!

> * OpenMoko Neo Freerunner GSM cell-phone w/ 2 extra batteries
> headset, laser-pointer/stylus, and case.
>>or even just 3D print a cell-phone casing that looks like a
> shoe or something.

Well, I do have a shiny new 3D printer arriving soon (yes, I'll bring it to a
meeting, it's designed to be portable), and I did want to make up a
Milgrim outfit for D*Con next year, soooo....

> Non-computer, related:
> * Rival Hot-Pot-Express (plug in kitchen appliance that boils water
> for tea, etc. - only used once, still in box)

No,no, IS computer related! Will go right next to the water cooler in my
computer room. :) I think I've got a plug free....

So, 4 items please, Richard. :) I guess I need to leave Novi early
this Thursday to make a meeting.....
--
Peter Smith
psmith.gllug at gmail.com