[GLLUG] General Question

Charles Ulrich charles at bityard.net
Thu Sep 6 12:12:48 EDT 2012

Hi Troy,

Ubuntu will be able to use any amount of RAM that machine's motherboard
will recognize. However, if the laptop's manual says that it only
accepts up to 1GB of RAM, then 1GB of RAM is the hard limit no matter
which operating system you install.

You can also try a more lightweight distribution (such as Xubuntu) to
make things feel a little speedier.

Charles