[GLLUG] General Question

Chick Tower c.e.tower at gmail.com
Fri Sep 7 09:44:20 EDT 2012

If you want to stick with the "Ubuntu experience" but wring as much
performance out of it as possible, you should try Bodhi Linux.  It's
based on Ubuntu but it's stripped down so that their minimum RAM
requirement is 128MB.  (I forget what CPU they specify as minimum.)
However, while it does run pretty well on my P3 laptop with 192MB of
RAM, sometimes it bogs down, like when I try to run Synaptic and Midori
(a lightweight web browser) at the same time.

                                Chick