[GLLUG] Shutting down debian/ike/ftp.egr.msu.edu

Adam McDougall mcdouga9 at egr.msu.edu
Fri Apr 12 10:23:50 EDT 2013

Hello,

EGR will cease to host software for external projects so ike.egr.msu.edu
will be shut down soon.  I have notified mirrors at debian.org of the same.
 Probably shut it down in a matter of days.  If Debian stops push
mirrors to us very soon, I won't keep the Debian mirror up if it will
become stale quickly.  I think most people use a more official dns alias
for this server but a small fraction may have ftp.egr or ike.egr in apt
sources.

We've hosted this for over 10 years and I was glad to help its users and
glad to have the opportunity to fine tune various servers to handle the
load.