[GLLUG] Support question

Stanley Mortel mortel at cyber-nos.com
Thu Dec 5 17:01:41 EST 2013

Hi all,

I'm trying to get a Windows 7 program to run under wine.  I have been
able to get all of the prereqs. installed using winetricks, but the
install is failing with the following:

Error:  bad argument #1 to 'pairs' (table expected, got nil)

Stack Traceback:

1:[Globals] Line: 104 in function 'IsInstallActive'
2:[Globals] Line: 77 in function 'WaitForInstallerToComplete'
3:[Globals] Line: 35 in function 'ExecuteOrContinueInstall'
4:[Host -> On Preload] Line: 25 in main chunk
5:[Home -> On Preload] Line: 10 in main chunk

Naturally this is closed source software, so there's no looking at the
code.  Just wondering if it is likely I can do anything about this on my
own, vs. trying to nail down one of their developers. Any hints would be
appreciated.  Specifically, might using the native Windows 7 32-bit dlls
help?

Things done so far:

Specified 32-bit Windows7
winetricks msxml4