[GLLUG] question about 32 bit vs 64 bit Ubuntu 12.04

STeve Andre' andres at msu.edu
Tue Feb 5 14:04:40 EST 2013

On 02/05/13 13:59, Troy wrote:
> Presently I am running 32 bit Ubuntu 12.04. I was wondering if it is
> possible, with my current processor and motherboard, to speed up the
> execution of 12.04. Thanks and stay warm... troy
>

> 73 de w8tcc, troy -.-

You want as much memory as you can stuff  (and afford) in the
machine.  That  is the single best thing you can possibly do, with
the next being getting a solid state disk.

Moving to the 64bit world isn't going to help in terms of speed.
Others can tell you what the difference is, between the two
versions.

--STeve Andre'
(wb8wsf   en72)