[GLLUG] Disposable E-mail Addresses

Chick Tower c.e.tower at gmail.com
Fri Jan 4 22:43:24 EST 2013

I've been using SpamGourmet (http://www.spamgourmet.com) for a few years
now for disposable e-mail addresses, and I really like it.  It's
flexible, easy to use, and free.  However, the last month or so the
messages I've sent using disposable addresses to Craigslist for-sale ads
haven't been delivered.  I tried another site, with the same result, so
it looks like something Craigslist changed.  In the process of looking
for another provider that would let me send anonymous e-mail messages, I
found many providers that don't quite do what I need, but some that do.

At last night's meeting, Ben mentioned that he uses some addresses as
"throw-away" addresses, but they're permanent.  Since what he wants is
disposable addresses, I thought there are probably others who could use
them, so here are some sites I've found.

If you don't know what a disposable e-mail address is, or why they are
useful, see this article.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disposable_email_address

Here is a page on the Open Directory Project that lists several, with
brief descriptions.  To find out what each one actually does, and if it
meets your needs, you'll have to visit the sites.

> http://www.dmoz.org/Computers/Internet/E-mail/Spam/Preventing/Temporary_Addresses/

This one looks pretty full-featured, but it's not free.

http://www.spamex.com/

You can find lots of other sites via your favorite search engine.  I was
surprised at how many there are, and how many that look good in the
results are no longer around.
--

                                Chick